6 Uses for Witch Hazel: Witch Hazel for hemorrhoids
Witch Hazel is one of the best known common remedies for hemorrhoids (piles). Witch Hazel for hemorrhoids is a product that comes in many forms, including creams, liquids, and compressed. It is created from the bark of a plant called Hamamelis virginiana. It is only an external product and is applied directly to the anal and perianal area. Some of the traditional witch hazel hemorrhoid goods that you may consider using are Venapro, Hem-Relief, and Hemroid Harry. You can also use the many witch hazel suppositories available to get aid from painful internal hemorrhoids.
How Does does witch hazel shrink hemorrhoids
More accurately it is the tannin-rich herbs (hamamelid tannin) synthesized from the plant that produces these effects. The high tannin content makes it an excellent natural astringent that can shrink pores. Witch Hazel for hemorrhoids act a natural anti-inflammatory, and since piles are mostly swollen vessels, the extract is great at providing relief by easing the swelling.
6 Uses for Witch hazel for hemorrhoids
- Not only does witch hazel tighten skin, but it is also a good anti-itch remedy. By combining witch hazel with aloe, glycerine or petroleum jelly and rub it on external hemorrhoids, Just mix the witch hazel with a carrier like Aloe Vera gel and use to affected areas for quick relief. You will decrease itching significantly and dry up most bleeding.
- Use a clean piece of cloth. Soak it in a witch hazel alcohol extract. Blot it gently on the affected area. Dip the cotton in the Witch Hazel astringent and directly apply to the hemorrhoids. Keep the cloth on an afflicted area for up to 3 minutes and change them with a new batch of cotton dipped in the Witch Hazel. After bowel movement gets, a new set of cloth fell in Witch Hazel and used again on the anus. Take these 15 minutes after defecating for 2 – 3 days. Apply new Witch Hazel dropped towel when you are going to sleep to expose the hemorrhoids on Witch Hazel overnight.
- In pregnancy, Use an ice pack (with a soft covering) to the affected area several times a day. Ice may benefit decrease swelling and discomfort. Some women get cold compresses saturated with witch hazel to be soothing.
- Sitz bath for hemorrhoids witch hazel. The excellent way to adding witch hazel to a tub is to apply about 1/2 cup of witch hazel with just water to thoroughly soak your bottom half in. This should be done a least of once a day, and the Sitz bath should last for anywhere between 15 -20 minutes.
- You can do this method three times a day. Mix a teaspoon of witch hazel tincture with a teaspoon of cocoa butter. In a tiny bowl, place a teaspoon each of witch hazel tincture and cocoa butter. Mix them together. You should be able to get both at your local drug store, though you may need to visit a general health store instead.
- Apply Witch Hazel Suppositories.
If applying cotton dipped in Witch Hazel is not providing the expected aid then apply Witch Hazel Suppositories. Inserting one suppository into the anus per day is suggested and will keep the hemorrhoids exposed to Witch Hazel longer than cotton. Witch Hazel Suppositories are also helpful in treating internal hemorrhoids since they are inserted into the anus.
Find out more about Suppository for hemorrhoids treatment – how to use
Witch hazel will help the hemorrhoids to shrink.It is known to decrease the bleeding caused by hemorrhoids and is an astringent, drying up the tissue. Witch Hazel for hemorrhoids can also relieve the symptoms of pain, swell, and itch seen in hemorrhoids. This is why witch hazel is regarded as a safe hemorrhoid treatment and is included in treatment kits like Venapro.