What to eat in case of hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids relate to inflammation of the rectum veins, a more common ailment in women than in men and that can be very troublesome. During these periods of hemorrhoid crisis, it is fundamental to change your diet to avoid irritating foods that can increase discomfort. That is why howtogetridofhemorrhoidstips.com tells you that eating in case of hemorrhoids.
What to eat when you have hemorrhoids
One of the leading causes of hemorrhoids is chronic constipation. Also, the presence of hard stools can cause lesions around the anus, increasing the possibility of inflammation of the hemorrhoids.
To avoid all this, it is important to have a high fiber diet, so it is advisable to eat:
- Vegetables, especially green leaves such as spinach, chard or broccoli. Add others like carrots, artichokes or asparagus.
- Fresh fruits with skin like apples or pears, fruits rich in vitamin C like oranges, kiwis, strawberries or mandarins and also fruits rich in potassium like a banana. One or two servings of fruit per day will ensure proper functioning of your intestinal transit.
- Pulses, if well tolerated, are a good source of fiber if you have hemorrhoids. You can consume in moderate amounts and with little added fat foods such as lentils, peas, soybeans or chickpeas.
- Complete cereals such as oats, rice, corn or wheat are excellent sources of fiber that will help you prevent hemorrhoids.
- You can also incorporate a handful of dried fruits per day such as nuts, pistachios, almonds or peanuts. Consume them if possible natural, without added salt or sugar.
You may also be interested in: Guide to High fiber diet plan For Constipation and Hemorrhoids
Some foods should be avoided if you suffer from hemorrhoids because they can cause constipation or irritation in the rectal area, increase the discomfort caused by inflammation of the veins in this area … That is why we Recommend moderating the ingestion of the following foods:
- Pungent or very spicy foods. Spices such as chili pepper, pepper or mustard, which can become very irritating.
- Over-salty meals such as vinegar foods, dehydrated products or deli meats.
- Refined sugar, low in fiber, present in sweets and pastries can constipate you.
- White flours or white cereals, which do not stimulate intestinal transit. Products such as white rice, white bread or white pasta should be consumed in moderation.
- Alcohol, coffee and caffeinated drinks should be removed from your diet, even if they are stimulating, they are discouraged to patients suffering from hemorrhoids.
Natural remedies for hemorrhoids
Here are some of the most efficient natural remedies for hemorrhoids:
This article is purely informative, and it does not have the capability to prescribe medical treatment or diagnoses. We invite you to visit the doctor if you have genes or a discomfort.
We recommend reading the article: How to prevent anal fissures