How to Soften Hard Stools Naturally
Let’s see here how to soften hard stools naturally. If your stools are too hard and you have trouble removing them, be aware that a simple change in diet and lifestyle makes them soften. A slow transit dehydrates and hardens the stool. If the following tips do not drastically improve your situation, consult a gastro-meteorologist.
Drink more water
Water softened the stool. Drink at least 2 liters a day (8 large glasses of water) in the natural state or the form of natural infusions and juices. Hot water helps to soften the stools.
Consume fiber-rich foods
The fibers make it possible to fight efficiently and naturally against constipation and hard stools. The dietary sources of fiber are:
- The fruits
- Green and raw vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, salad, celery …
- Complete cereals: flaxseed, bran of wheat, paste, rice, bread, muesli …
Consume about 30 grams of fiber per day, and you will significantly soften your stool.
Avoid foods that constipate
Red meat, cheese, sausages and processed foods harden them and constipate. Consume these foods sparingly and eat mostly fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Physical activity stimulates the intestines. Run, walk or do a gym at your place for half an hour each day, and your stools will soften. Moisturize during and after the sport, to combine the effect of movement and that of water.
Do abdominal massages. Massage to stimulate the intestines and facilitate stool softening.
For people who can not tolerate excess fiber, be aware that there are psyllium herbal agents. Consult your pharmacist about this.
Other natural remedies:
- Take olive oil on an empty stomach. The mineral oils allow lubricating the intestines while softening the stools.
- Rich in mucilage, the seeds of fenugreek soften the stools and soothe the inflamed mucous membranes.
- Aloe vera is a natural laxative. You can consume it in the form of juice.
- Soak some prunes in the water before consuming them.
- Natural juices against constipation: prunes, pineapple, carrot, kiwi …
- Infusions against constipation: flax seed, dandelion, chamomile, fennel …
We recommend reading the article: Can we do sports with hemorrhoids?