How hemorrhoids are treated
Many mysteries and legends exist about hemorrhoids. It is a pathology that remains relatively taboo, especially because of the area where it is located, and because it is too often associated in the collective unconscious to a problem of hygiene, although the causes are very different.
Vector discomfort, discomfort, and regular pain, this inconvenience can occur because of several factors with very diverse origins. However, there are very effective solutions to cure a hemorrhoidal crisis, whether by medication or surgery if necessary, but it is also possible to prevent the appearance by a few simple daily measures.
Also, our website offer you an overview of the subject to share their knowledge, but especially the means to effectively treat hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids: definition, symptoms and risk factors
Let’s start by restoring an important truth: we have hemorrhoids! Indeed, the word “hemorrhoids” does not normally mean the disorder in question, but the veins located at the level of the rectum and anus. It is these that allow defecation when they dilate.
Even though the term hemorrhoids have become commonplace over time, it is usually referred to as a hemorrhoidal crisis. This refers to an expansion of the veins that does not stop after defecation, and therefore eventually creates inflammation internally or externally. This crisis lasts on average 2 to 4 days, but is a source of great discomfort and quite regularly pain, sometimes very intense.
Hemorrhoids are caused by excessive and permanent pressure on the anus and rectum, which can occur, for example, when sitting for too long periods. However, the first causes of a hemorrhoidal crisis are first constipation, the defecation of the defecation system resulting in inflammation, and then pregnancy, because of the weight of the baby that generates strong pressure on this area. It is estimated that, on average, at least 1 in 2 people are affected by hemorrhoids during their lifetime.
This pathology is most often characterized by the presence of bright red blood in the stool, but can also be found on toilet paper or underwear if bleeding is important. It can also result in a hard lump or painful swelling in the anus. Finally, beyond the loss of blood and painful sensations, it is also possible that it triggers itching at the edge of the sustainable, but also seeps of mucus in the anus.
Two different types of hemorrhoids are distinguished, however, since one speaks of internal or external hemorrhoidal crisis.
The internal hemorrhoids, less frequent than the external ones, develop inside the anus, or in the lower part of the rectum. They thus form a small protuberance, and tend to evolve in 4 stages if they are not treated in time:
- In the first degree, hemorrhoid remains inside the anus and is most often painless.
- In the second degree, hemorrhoid emerges from the anus at the time of the saddle but returns by itself when defecation is complete.
- In the third degree, it has become larger and must be automatically placed in the anus with the finger, because it no longer returns to its original position by itself.
- In the fourth and last degree, the hemorrhoids are too large and can not be replaced inside the anus, they then look like external hemorrhoids.
Internal hemorrhoids do not have nerve cells, unlike external ones. They are therefore more difficult to detect because they do not necessarily cause pain so that most often, the patient is not aware. A painless medical examination using an anoscope shows the presence of this protuberance.
The external hemorrhoids, which are the most common form for them around the anus, developing under the skin. This creates a kind of ball, which can be visually similar to a swollen cyst. These are often painful because of the nerve cells they 0.possess and cause most of the time bleeding during a bowel movement.
Whatever the type of hemorrhoid, it is important to consult your doctor at the first concrete symptoms, so that the situation does not worsen, especially in case of anal bleeding. It is also important to check that the cause of pain and discomfort is a hemorrhoidal crisis because pain or bleeding at the anal level can also be symptoms of colorectal cancer or anal fissures.
Hemorrhoidal seizures are the majority of the time without any real danger to health, but some complications can occur if they are not treated in time or correctly.
The most common is hemorrhoidal thrombosis, that is, the formation of a blood clot in the vein. It presents no danger to the body but often causes very intense pain that is difficult to bear. It is, therefore, more than advisable to deal with the crisis at the first signs to avoid arriving at this stage. In the case of external hemorrhoids, the resorption of the clot can create marisci, which are small, painless and harmless swellings.
It is also possible to see hemorrhoid hemorrhages, which are difficult to detect because the blood does not mix with the stool. When they occur, they can cause anemia if the bleeding is intense enough, but can not be lethal either. The last complication, which occurs only very rarely, is an ulceration of the wound, that is to say, an extension of it over a wider area.
Several reasons may explain the outbreak of a hemorrhoidal crisis, among which we find:
- Constipation or chronic diarrhea because they cause a disturbance of defecation, and therefore inflammation due to abnormal stimulation of the veins.
- The pregnancy and the postpartum period, because about 4 in 10 women suffer hemorrhoidal attacks during their pregnancies, which is explained by the pressure imposed by the weight of the baby, but also the delivery that generates great pressure with the push.
- The kind, with men generally more prone to this disease than women.
- The inheritance is also responsible for the appearance of these crises. Indeed, a predisposition exists if several members of the same family have already been victims of this phenomenon.
- The age because beyond fifty, the chances of developing a hemorrhoidal crisis are much higher, due to the loss of tissue tone.
- The overweight, since in sitting position the pressure on the hemorrhoid veins is greater, and therefore more even create inflammation.
- The bad sitting positions or the fact of carrying regularly important weight, since here again the contractions of the veins are abnormal or too violent.
- The cyrrhosis because it can lead to fibrosis that will generate an increase in blood pressure in the portal vein.
- The consumption of spicy food, because it has an irritating character and can create additional burns.
How to cure hemorrhoids?
Many solutions exist to treat a hemorrhoidal crisis, whether through medication, natural solutions, simple little tricks, or even as a last resort surgery. However, it is strongly advised to consult your doctor for this type of pathology, which can direct you precisely to the correct treatment to adopt.
As a general rule, the symptom that is asked to be treated first and foremost by the patients is the pain, which is particularly uncomfortable and can reach very violent peaks. It is thus possible to take analgesics in case of severe pain (such as paracetamol ), but aspirin and ibuprofen are contraindicated because they can cause additional bleeding.
However, local anesthetics and anti-inflammatories specifically designed for hemorrhoids are available without prescription in the form of creams or suppositories. Rectal creams such as Phlebocreme, Sedrhoid, Titanoroin, Titanoroin 2% andTronothane thus helps to relieve pain and deflate hemorrhoid, which also works with suppositories such as Phlebosup, Sedrhoid or Titanoroin.
Of veinotonic may also be prescribed as they help to decongest the congested vessels and thus allow gradually to deflate hemorrhoid, thereby facilitating the return of blood to the heart.
On the side of natural and phytotherapeutic solutions, various plants have been proven to fight effectively against hemorrhoids:
- The red vine, which contains many substances that have a protective and stimulating effect on the veins and small blood vessels, deflating hemorrhoid.
- The horse chestnut, which contains escin, the latter preserving the permeability and tone of the vein walls. It helps to prevent edema and encourage the return of blood to the heart, thus improving the situation quickly.
- The ginkgo biloba extract, which calms the symptoms of crises, and helps especially to dispel the pain.
- The witch hazel, because it has an astringent effect that tightens the tissues, but also because it is anti-inflammatory and haemostatic, which significantly limits bleeding.
- The bunt, also anti-inflammatory and astringent, which contributes to the increase of the venous tonic.
It is also advisable to use local hygiene care, this area being very exposed to bacteria with faeces, it is even more important to clean up well so as not to risk a superinfection.
Finally, doctors often prescribe laxatives, whether constipation or not, because natural defecation necessarily results in a contraction of veins hemorrhoids, which does not help the situation when the crisis is already declared. They allow to be able to evacuate the stool, without that aggravates the problem.
Simple tips to put in place
Hints or recommendations can be used to improve the situation more quickly, some even preventing the onset of a crisis:
- If the pain is too intense, it is advisable to wear cotton underwear to get more comfortable. If itchiness accompanies the pain, depositing a cold compress on the affected area will significantly reduce it.
- Taking a sitz bath in warm water several times a day for 10 to 15 minutes also relieves itching and reduces swelling.
- The practice of a sport such as swimming, yoga or even walking is more than recommended, it helps to improve the functioning of the blood vessels, reduce the risk of venous disorders, and tone the muscles and veins of the abdomen.
- Avoid the consumption of foods such as sausage, whole rice, spicy or fatty food as they can trigger constipation. It is best to turn to foods that are high in fiber or iron, such as figs, spinach, steamed green vegetables, wholemeal bread, or wheat or oat bran foods.
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water each day, this contributes to good blood circulation and promotes the disappearance of skin discomfort.
- During a seizure, it is imperative not to carry heavy objects so as not to increase the pressure on the hemorrhoid veins.
If none of these solutions work, which remains relatively rare, it is possible to resort to surgery. In the case of external hemorrhoids that have caused thrombosis, a small area of skin around the anus is removed, under local anesthesia, to prevent further recurrence. The veins affected are also removed, but this operation must be performed within 72 hours of the outbreak.
When it comes to internal hemorrhoids, several methods are possible to be able to get rid of them:
- The elastic ligating: a rubber band is placed around the base of hemorrhoid, passing through inside the rectum. This band will significantly reduce the blood supply of hemorrhoid, which will eventually dry out and fall after a few days.
- The sclerotherapy: it involves the injection of a chemical at the base of hemorrhoid, which will generate its curing and then its retraction.
- The coagulation or cryotherapy: this method can burn or freeze the hemorrhoidal tissue, which has the effect of making it disappear.
- The hemorrhoidectomy: it is the surgery performed in the last instance when other solutions have not worked or hemorrhoids are too large. It is performed under general anesthesia and is then removed with the knife a large part of the tissues where the hemorrhoids are. This solution is very effective but requires a greater recovery.
Frequent phenomenon, haemorrhoidal crises are nowadays very well treated, medically, more traditional or surgical. However, because of the misinformation circulating about this pathology, as well as the discomfort created by the area where they develop, it is estimated that about 40% of those affected do not go to see their doctor. It is essential to do so at the first alarming signs, because the situation will only worsen if the disease is not treated in time, and the symptoms that can result are very unpleasant and often a source of intense pain.
There is a natural and effective solution quickly
Fortunately, in addition to these two inefficient options, there is a third option, natural, inexpensive and with an extremely high success rate.
It was this solution that allowed me to permanently get rid of my hemorrhoids attacks.
“Hemorrhoids Saviour “ treatment does not require any traumatic surgical procedure.
It is simply the result of natural methods, without pain, which has been proven. Because over the years, they have been forced to recognize the formidable and undeniable effectiveness of this natural treatment.