Home remedies for hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are cushions of vascular tissue that are normal-sized in most people. The hemorrhoids drain blood away from the anal area, which is considered a highly vascular area. Inside the anal canal are three primary cushions, located in the left lateral anus, the right anterior anus, and the right posterior anus. In a sense, they form a ring.
These hemorrhoidal cushions do not bother people unless they become damaged or diseased in some way. These cushions technically aren’t arteries, and they are not veins. Instead, they are unique sets of blood vessels known as sinusoids, consisting of smooth muscle, connective tissue, and blood. This collection of blood vessels is called the hemorrhoidal plexus. They are very vascular and bleed a lot when nicked or cut.
The hemorrhoidal plexus is necessary for stool continence. It is believed that these cushions
contribute to up to twenty percent of the pressure of anal closure and protect the anal sphincter muscles as stool passes the anus. You get symptoms of hemorrhoids when the hemorrhoidal cushions slide down from their original position and end up partly outside the body. You also get symptoms when the pressure in the venous system of the anus is increased, feeding back that growth in weight to the sinusoids.
Home remedies for hemorrhoids and fissures
Hemorrhoids is unpleasant, but you can take home remedies for hemorrhoids to prevent it or treat it:
- Exercise improves your muscle tone and circulation; it can prevent constipation, which leads to hemorrhoids.
- Avoid sitting or stand for long periods and Don’t read on the toilet either
- Try using stool softeners or fiber laxatives.
- Try to create a regular schedule around when to have bowel movements; your body will learn to get the idea.
- Heavy lifting can strain the veins around the rectum, causing hemorrhoids.
- Try warm soaks in a tub or sitz bath.Make sure to take a hot sitz bath with a bidet for 1–2 min after defecation. Taking a shower around the anus will be available, too. Hot sitz bath has a cleansing effect by removing the secretion of the wound, relaxes the sphincter to reduce anal pressure, and increases blood circulation helping wound healing and pain relief after surgery.
- Use non-prescription ointments, hemorrhoid cream or suppositories that relieve the irritation of hemorrhoids, both internal and external hemorrhoids.
- You can also use medicated Tucks pads, tucked into the hemorrhoids.They contain witch hazel for comfort.
- Home remedies for hemorrhoids – apple cider vinegar
Home remedies for external hemorrhoids: use a clean cotton ball and place apple cider vinegar on the cotton ball. Apply gently on the infected area.
- Home remedies for hemorrhoids- garlic
Take one garlic clove and partially slice it into three sections and lubricate it with aloe vera gel and use it as the suppository nightly. This is especially important if you have internal hemorrhoids or your hemorrhoids are advanced as mine are and cause a sticky odorless discharge to come out of the anus.
- Take in dietary fiber
Constipation may be caused by many different factors, but drinking sufficient water can be very helpful. It is therefore highly recommended to drink approximately 1,000–1,500 ml of liquids (water, tea, hot water, juice, red tea, etc.) a day.
Nine hemorrhoids home remedy fast ways to take in dietary fiber
- Traditional food rather than Western-styled fatty food! Traditional food uses many ingredients containing fiber (e.g., seaweed, root vegetables, bean products).
- Boiled vegetables rather than raw ones! You cannot take in as much plant fiber as you might think through fresh vegetables. Blanched or boiled vegetables, on the other hand, decrease in volume so that they can be eaten in larger quantities.
- Regular meals, three times a day! The recommended daily intake of plant fiber is 20 g. Having regular meals with three times a day is the basic principle.
- Modify your staple foods to suit your taste! You can adjust your staple foods by changing to multigrain rice or whole wheat, to take in a greater amount of plant fiber.
- Have a lot of dried food! Chinese dried radish, seaweed, and brown algae have abundant plant fibers.
- Have cooked potatoes every day! Fried potatoes can be a good source of fiber. A variety of recipes for cooking potatoes is recommended (potato gratin, baked potatoes, etc.).
- Have lots of soybeans! Soybeans are called “the meat of the field” because they are a good source of protein. Eating lots of soybeans through many different dishes is highly recommended.
- Have mushrooms and seaweed every day! Mushrooms and seaweeds are plentiful in plant fiber. With low calories with them, taking a significant amount will be no problem.
- Use the coats and stems of plants in cooking! Since skins and stems of plants contain lots of plant fiber, use them in the kitchen.
Thrombosed external hemorrhoid home remedy
The hemorrhoid home remedy shrink is divided into conservative and surgical treatment. If the lump is less than the size of a pea, it can be treated conservatively. Sitz bath, laxatives, anti- inflammatory drugs and ointments are used for the conservative treatment. Usually, pain settles down within 3–4 days and the hematoma, sometimes ruptures spontaneously can last for more than one month to dissolve completely
Recommended Reading: Thrombosed external hemorrhoid